To be invited into the birth space is humbling. Its an honor to serve those in a holy place, where new life is born. Here are my stories told of those places, without names or faces. These are birth stories, told from the doula's perspective.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Who is the Birth Doula?

My identity will be kept anonymous.
I am a mom and wife. I am a follower of Christ. I feel called of God to serve women during birth and to educate couples about all things childbearing.

As I have begun my journey of serving women in the birth place, I have experienced a myriad of emotions and seen some amazing things.

The purpose of this place is not to preach about the failed condition of our current maternity system. Its not to convince others about the glory of homebirth, even though I certainly think it's wonderful. Its not to share the latest research about childbirth and breastfeeding.

This is a place where my thoughts and feelings about being a doula will reside. A place where birth stories can be told without names or faces being attached. And hopefully a place where other doulas can read and find a space to vent, cry, and identify with another who shares their same passion for the childbearing woman.

Welcome to The Birth Chronicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment